- Collection and Use of Personal information
What information do we collect and how do we use it?
By asking us to assist with your credit needs, you consent to the collection and use of the information you have provided to us for credit assistance purposes.
Tru Finance, and its representatives will only seek to collect information that is necessary in order to provide you with the credit assistance you have sought from us.
We use the information you provide to:
- Advise about and assist with your credit needs such as follow-up calls to assist you.
- Send you requested product information and to enable us to manage your ongoing relationship with us e.g. invoicing, client surveys etc. We may do so by mail or electronically unless you tell us that you do not wish to receive electronic communications.
- Notify you about promotions, new services and special offers, events or articles we think will be of interest to you. We may send you regular updates by email or by post. If you would rather not receive this information, email or write to us.
- Internally to help us improve our products and services.
What if you don’t provide some information to us?
If you don’t provide us with the requested information, we can’t properly assist you with your credit needs.
- Disclosure of Personal Information
Will we disclose the information we collect to anyone?
Tru Finance and its representatives will never unnecessarily exchange your personal or business information with any third party for any reason, unless compelled by force of law. However, in order to assist you, we may be required to provide your personal information to certain organisations. If your information is not provided, we may be unable to assist you. The types of organisations include:
- Mortgage insurers
- Other mortgage intermediaries
- Other organisations that assist us such as printers, mailing houses, lawyers, debt collectors, accountants and other auditors
- Security of Personal Information
How do we hold and protect your information?
Tru Finance takes reasonable steps to ensure the security of your personal or company information from unauthorised access, theft or modification. We keep personal information only for as long as is reasonably necessary for the purpose for which it was collected or to comply with any applicable legal or regulatory requirements.
- Access and Correction of Personal Information
How can you access and update the information we are holding about you?
We strive to maintain the reliability, accuracy, completeness and currency of the personal information we hold about you.
You can gain access to your personal or company information or advise alterations to that information by contacting our office:
Phone: 1300 705 793
Information which is easily accessible will be provided to you free of charge. However, information which is more difficult to access may have a fee associated with the request. You can also contact us for more detailed information on how we collect, handle and secure your personal information.
We will also correct, amend or delete any personal information that we agree is inaccurate.
- Complaints and Compliments
How can you provide feedback?
We welcome your questions and comments about privacy. If you have any concerns or complaints, please contact Vanessa Bragdon at firstname.lastname@example.org
Should you be unsatisfied in the manner in which has handled your personal information please contact us (per details listed below). We will take all necessary steps to investigate and address your concerns. If the issue you have raised is not resolved to your satisfaction you should contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at:
Phone: 1300 363 992
Mail: GPO Box 5218 Sydney NSW 2001
You can learn more about the Privacy Act and your rights at www.privacy.gov.au